Sunday 1 March 2015

Task 2B - continuation of creative glass photography

Light bulb with background photos


This is my first image, of a light bulb with a background. I have decided to place it in front of a building to get a nice distorting effect, which I think worked quite well. I like the idea of it, but I think I should have straighten the photo a little bit, as it looks really messy. For this task we were also asked to use a light meter, so I had to measure the reading of the background and then the light bulb, to make sure I have the right setting.


This is my next bulb photo. This time I have decided to do a close up, and focus it on a background rather than the light bulb. Either of them is in good focus, but the background is a little bit more focused than the light bulb. This was a hard photo to take, as well as taking the measurement for both, the background and the bulb, but I like the final effect of it.


This is my next photo, this time I have also decided to focus my camera on the background of the photo and I am happy with the final effect. First of all, I really like the colours on this photo, the really nice blue sky, match very well to the green fence as well as the orange vehicle. The colours make the photo eye catching, and I am also very happy that the building in the light bulb is perfectly focused. The depth of field also brings a positive effect to this photo, as we concentrate more on the light bulb and the building that we can see through it.


My next photo of a light bulb is on a green background placed on a window. By doing this, I really like the sun shinning through the green paper at the top left corner. I have tried to more or less frame the light bulb in the middle of the photo, but I don't think it looks interesting and there's not much happening, except the nice sun shinning through the transparent paper. 


For my next photo, I have decided to place in on a floor where I got a nice reflection. I really like this photo, but I'm not sure what's good about it. I like the reflection, but the yellow paper in the background makes the photo a little bit messy. Overall, I'm happy of how I have presented this light bulb in this photo. 


My next photo of a light bulb has been placed on a green transparent paper, I have used natural light coming through the window to take this photo. It's just very simple photo of a light bulb on a green transparent paper, the composition is thought through, as I wanted the bulb to be perfectly in the middle of the photo frame. 


This is my next photo of a light bulb. I have decided to place it next to colourful flags, where we can also see a little bit of reflection at the bottom. I have decided to focus on the light bulb as it's my main subject of this photo. I wasn't sure how to change the white balance of this photo, as it is a little bit yellow, and by this the photo look a little bit fake.  


My next photo of a light bulb has been done on a mirror to create a reflection, and I have also put a transparent green paper on top, to get rid of messy background. I think this photo would be more interesting if I would get rid of the frame of the mirror which is framed in the front of the photo. 


This is my next photo of a light bulb done on a light box, using pink transparent paper to create a nice foreground and also to give a nice pink colour to the bulb. Once again I didn't think about the background carefully. It would look a lot more better if the background was also pink. 


This is my next photo of a light bulb rolled into a green transparent paper, against a window. I like the effect of depth of field, but I should have made the light bulb a little bit more focused. I have also tried to focus more to composition, therefore the photo is straight, and the light bulb in nicely framed in the middle of the photo. 



My chosen subject


This is my first photo of a chosen object at home that I have decided to photograph. I have decided to pick something relating to the project which is glass but also wanted to be interesting and looking nice. I have decided to pick three glass decorations from the living room. I really liked how they look when they are next to each other and I thought I could be creative with them. First of all I have decided to take thee photos in black and white as nearly all of my other photos are in colour. I have put them nicely on the window sil, and took the photo focusing on the three bottles.


This is y next photo, also at the window sil but at a completely different composition. I have decided to replace the bottles into different positions and take the photo from low angle, I think it looks really interesting like this. I have decided to focus on the two front bottles this time.


This is my next, quite similar photo to my previous one, of a chosen object. This time I have decided to take this photo from a different angle, I don't know what I have decided to cut most of the third bottle out of the photo, and also tilt my camera a little bit, but I think it looks interesting and it's also something different from my other photos, as most of them are tidy and nicely composed, where this is a little bit messy.


This is my next next photo of a chosen object. This time I have only taken a photo of the top of the bottle because I have put incense sticks inside of them and wanted to capture the smoke from them as well, which didn't really work, because there was not enough of the smoke. Other than that, the photo is not straight and the background is no thought through carefully. 


This is my next photo of a chosen object, that I have decided to take in black and white. I have also though it would be a good idea to add some light to it, as the photos are quite dark, because of the dark background. I have used my flash from phone, to put it underneath the bottle, and also have put the incense stick but unfortunately I didn't capture the smoke as it was very small and it was really hard to see it. 


This is my next photo of a chosen object from the photo shoot at home. This time I have decided to place them again a window where I can get a lot of natural light, because few of my previous photos, came out quite dark as there was not enough of natural light coming through to the room that I was in. I have focused the camera onto the two bottles and also filled them with juice and another one with water, to make them two a little bit different. Also used quite a small aperture number for a nice looking depth of field, this also makes our eyes concentrate on the main glass subjects.


This is a very similar photo to the previous one, but done at different angle as well as composition. I have also decided to spray the bottles with water, and capture the nice drops on the glass, I thought it would look quite interesting and in my opinion it does. 


My next photo of a chosen subject in my opinion was a good idea, it would be a really nice picture only if I would have cleaned the window properly after spraying water on to it. Other than that, the settings as well as the composition work very well. I think this is one of my favourite photos from this project.


My next photo have been done from a high angle. By using a small aperture number, I only wanted to focus on the ribbon a little bit of the top of the bottle to make sure that everyone can tell that this is a photo related to the theme of glass.


This photo, is quite similar to my previous photo, but this time I have decided to use all three of the bottles, and only focus on one of them. I like the composition, the photo is also straight which is a very positive thing as I usually make a mistake of not paying attention to my photos being straight.


My second to last photo include one of the small bottles in the front, and the other two in the background. It's not correctly focused, but other than that it's al right. The focused bottle has been framed in the middle of the photo, which also makes it look neat and eye catching.


My last photo from this task, is also one of my favourite photos. I like the small details in this photo, like the drops on the bottle, but also the composition. The bottles have been framed on the left side of the photo and it looks really neat. I have focused on the two small bottles, but if the third one would have been in focus as well, that would look a little bit more better as well. 



From this task, I have realised that I am more creative with working at home as I have a lot of more opportunity. I can really see this through this task, as my photos from college look boring when I'm comparing them to the photos that I took at home. I have realised that I need to get a motivation to take photos and that's when I'm being creative. 

No comments:

Post a Comment