Thursday 2 October 2014

Task 3 - planning final photo shoots

Planning my final photo shoot

Developing ideas. Because my first idea in my first photo shoot didn't really work out, mainly because of the location, I have decided to completely change my plan for my final photo shoot in this project. The idea of this photo shoot is to show music through fashion, therefore I have picked three different genres of music; rock, hip hop and reggae.

  


Rock !!!

  1. Day & Time. I am going to do this photo shoot in the afternoon because that's when the best natural light is, perfect for taking pictures, in the location that I am planning to do my photo shoot. I am going to do my first final photo shoot on Saturday, 29th of September.
  2. Style. In the first part of this photo shoot the theme is rock, therefore I am going to dress my model up as Axl Rose, the member of one of the most famous rock bands, Guns'n'Roses. I have picked this member of this band because he has very strong characteristic and he is very easily recognizable with red head scarf and the sun glasses. I will also dress my model up in black leather jacket because that's what most of the rock band members wear.  
  3. Location. I am going to use a simple location for this photo shoot. It is going to be my back garden, because I am going to concentrate more on my model than the background, but it is all going to be done on the background of trees and greenery that is in my back garden. 
  4. Time Scale. This first part of my final photo shoot should not take me long, because all I will have to do is just dress her up which will not take me more than 15 minutes, and then place all of the props that I need in the right place which should take me no more than 5 minutes. Then I am ready to place my model in the first position, take few photos to set my camera up and I will be ready to start my photo shoot which should take me up to an hour to do.
  5. Lightning. I am only going to use natural lighting in my first part of final photo shoot.
  6. Model release form. I will be working with a child therefore I need to make sure I have the model release form singed by her parent.
  7. Risk assessment. I will have to make sure that the risk assessment is done as I will have few instruments which will be heavy for my model who's small as well as for me because I need to carry them from upstairs bedroom down to back garden. 
  8. Equipment. In this photo shoot I will need quite a few of equipment. I need obvious equipment like camera and two lenses as well as a tripod. For the first part of this photo shoot which is rock I will need an electric guitar and maybe some other instruments. As well as the right clothes for this style.
  9. Target audience. My target audience for this photo shoot will be both children and adults. Children because my model is a child as well as adults who listen to rock music because  they might be interested in this as well.
  10. Communication of concept. To make sure I present my idea in the right way, I am going to use few equipments that relate to rock music to help my audience understand what kind of fashion style I am presenting in this photo shoot. 

RISK ASSESSMENT TEMPLATE FOR Fashion Project:


Assessment 
Reference:
Mannequin
Activity Description:
Photo shoot
Date:
26.09.2014
Student
Marcelina Skrzypczynska

Review Date:
01.10.2014
Assessment Team Members:

Overall Potential Risk Factor:
5
Course Details:
ED Photography



Level 3
Number of People Exposed:
2

Year 2
Names of People Exposed:
Marcelina & Zuzanna
Building-Place & Exact Location
Back garden
Is This An Acceptable Risk?

Hazard
Persons At Risk and How
Existing Control Measures

Prob
Sev
Risk Level
Additional Control Measures

Prob
Sev
Risk Level
heavy instruments eg, guitar
model, can drop it while posing with it
Warn model to be careful
2
2
2
Make sure I help her to pick it up/move it
2
1
2





















Assessment Conclusion
Overall the photo shoot went well, no injuries or any other harm to either photographer or model with heavy instruments.




             

Hip Hop !!!

  1. Day & Time. I will do this photo shoot in the afternoon, on the 3rd of October. 
  2. Style. In the second part of the photo shoot, where I am going to be presenting hip hop music through fashion I am planning to dress my model up in a big hoodie as well as loose trousers, that will look a little bit big on her. The colours of the clothing will be either dark or light so that they contrast with the background of the photos which will be colourful grafitties. 
  3. Location. Odsal top, BD6. I am going to do this photo shoot in the tunnels, where I can find some graffiti inside. I think that this location of graffiti and a little bit of an Urban climate will perfectly match my hip hop look, because they perfectly match together. I can nicely use the wide range of different types of graffiti, it's nice because it's colourful. 
  4. Time Scale. This photo shoot will take me a little bit more time than others. First of all I will need to get my model ready which should take me about 10 minutes, then I need to spend another 5 to 10 minutes to pack all of the equipments that I need. Then my mum will drive us to the location that I will do the photo shoot, which should take us about 10 minutes and then I just need to set up my camera and I will be ready to start my photo shoot.
  5. Lightning. The lighting that I am going to use is mostly natural light as well as the lamps that are going to be in the tunnel. 
  6. Model release form. I will be working with a child therefore I need to make sure I have the model release form singed by her parent.
  7. Risk assessment. I will have to do this risk assessment because I will be away from home in a tunnel, it might be dark.
  8. Equipment. The equipments that I am going to need is camera and my two lenses, I will defiantly need a tripod for this photo shoot, so I need to make sure that I don't forget it for my photo shoot. I might also take an extra flash just in case. Another equipment that I will need is some extra clothes and maybe head phones as well as skate board.
  9. Target audience. My target audience for this photo shoot will be both children and adults. Children because my model is a child as well as adults who listen to hip hop music because  they might be interested in this as well.
  10. Communication of concept. To show exactly what I want to present, which is hip hop music through fashion I will make sure that I ask my model to pose properly. Also I think the background will help a lot in this photo shoot.

RISK ASSESSMENT TEMPLATE FOR Fashion Project:


Assessment 
Reference:
Mannequin
Activity Description:
Photo shoot
Date:
03.10.2014
Student
Marcelina Skrzypczynska

Review Date:
04.10.2014
Assessment Team Members:

Overall Potential Risk Factor:
5
Course Details:
ED Photography



Level 3
Number of People Exposed:
2

Year 2
Names of People Exposed:
Marcelina & Zuzanna
Building-Place & Exact Location
Back garden
Is This An Acceptable Risk?

Hazard
Persons At Risk and How
Existing Control Measures

Prob
Sev
Risk Level
Additional Control Measures

Prob
Sev
Risk Level
Location
me and model,
 surrounding 
make sure i'm not doing the photo shoot late
1
2
2
take an adult with me
1
2
2





















Assessment Conclusion
Overall the photo shoot went well, no injuries or any other harm to either photographer or model.







Reggae !!!              

  1. Day & Time. I am going to do this photo shoot on the weekend, Saturday 4th of October in the afternoon.
  2. Style. The style of this photo shoot is going to be based on reggae, and I am going to present it through music. I will mostly concentrate on jewellery, reggae colour bracelets.
  3. Location. I am going to use a simple location for this photo shoot. It will be a place next to my house, where there as just two walls and old wooden door. I think it will be interesting to do a photo shoot there. I will also do a make up of my model, with the same colours and her hair style will be a lot of plat.
  4. Time Scale. This photo shoot will not be very long. All I need to do is help my model to get ready, mainly to her hair and make up which should not take me longer than 30 minutes. Then I will be ready to set my camera up and start the photo shoot, which should take me up to an hour.
  5. Lightning. I am going only to use natural lightning for this photo shoot. 
  6. Model release form. I will be working with a child therefore I need to make sure I have the model release form singed by her parent.
  7. Risk assessment. I will need to do risk assessment for this photo shoot as well, because I am working with a child.
  8. Equipment. I will need obvious equipments like my camera and two lenses, as well as tripod that will be very useful. I will also need the bracelets in the colours of reggae which are green, yellow and green and  I am going to concentrate on them the most in this photo shoot even though my model will be wearing them. 
  9. Target audience. My target audience for this photo shoot will be both children and adults. Children because my model is a child as well as adults who listen to reggae music because  they might be interested in this as well.
  10. Communication of concept. To show what I want to present I will use jeweller, mainly bracelets, in the colours of reggae and I will make sure that my model smiles in each photo, because that's reggae's image.      

RISK ASSESSMENT TEMPLATE FOR Fashion Project:


Assessment 
Reference:
Mannequin
Activity Description:
Photo shoot
Date:
03.10.2014
Student
Marcelina Skrzypczynska

Review Date:
04.10.2014
Assessment Team Members:

Overall Potential Risk Factor:
5
Course Details:
ED Photography



Level 3
Number of People Exposed:
2

Year 2
Names of People Exposed:
Marcelina & Zuzanna
Building-Place & Exact Location
Back garden
Is This An Acceptable Risk?

Hazard
Persons At Risk and How
Existing Control Measures

Prob
Sev
Risk Level
Additional Control Measures

Prob
Sev
Risk Level
location
model can fall, stones on ground
tell model to be careful
2
1
1
help her while walking / changing poses
2
1
1





















Assessment Conclusion
Overall the photo shoot went well, no injuries or any other harm to either photographer or model.







       

No comments:

Post a Comment