Wednesday 24 September 2014

Still life photo shoot - jewellery


Settings for this photo: 
1/40 sec;   f/5.6;   ISO 200

In this photo I was capturing a beautiful silver necklace on a blue chair. I have picked a blue chair because I think it contrasts well with the silver necklace. Therefore, the necklace stands out very well from the chair as well as the background which is blurry, because of the depth of field that I have made. I have only focused on the necklace and the chair to show what the most important subjects are in this photo. I have also use a natural light, even though the photo was taken in indoor location I have placed the necklace on a chair that was standing near large windows to get the nice natural light coming through onto my jewellery. 

Settings for this photo: 
1/3200 sec;   f/4.5;   ISO 200

In this photo I was concentrating only on my jewellery, which was a small love heart necklace, but also remembering about the background. I have also tried to pick the best background for this subject as I could, therefore I have placed the necklace next to a tree and on the line of the building to make all of the lines on the photo clear. I have also used natural light because the weather was really nice and I could use the sunlight.

Settings for this photo: 
1/3200 sec;   f/4.0;   ISO 200

In this photo I have presented the blue necklace on a tree. I have tied it around the tree and then took a photo of it. I have kept the tree in focus as well as the necklace because this is the most important subject in this photo. I did it on a green background so that my blue necklace stands out from the most. I have also used a natural light in this photo.














This is the contact print of the rest of my photos from photographing still life (jewellery).



No comments:

Post a Comment