Friday 19 September 2014

Task 2 - diptych, mannequin and model

Task 2

Photos of mannequins and models, in the same location, doing the same pose. 


This photo presents mannequin and the model doing the same pose in the same location. I was trying to pose the model exactly the same as the mannequin but I didn’t realise that mannequin’s left leg is up instead of down like the model posed. Overall I think the pose is nearly the same, the model is looking in the same way as the mannequin and the hands are also placed in the same position. Another thing that caught my eye is the angle that I have used. The mannequin photo was done from a low angle because it wasn’t standing on the floor, it was placed at the window frame, that’s why it was easier to do it from the low angle. Whereas the model’s photo is still done from low angle but because the model is a lot bigger than the mannequin it doesn’t have the same effect. I was trying to get as closer to take the photo from the same composition as I could and I didn’t have to crop any photo out. I have also them both in portrait format so that they look similar, but also because they’re standing up and it is a lot easier to do it in a portrait format because I can easily get them both in the frame of the photo without cutting any bits of their body out of the photo. I have used natural light in this photo as it was an outdoor location.



This is another photo of a mannequin and a model doing the same pose in the same location. As we can see the mannequin is smaller than the model therefore the composition of these two photos are quite different. I was trying to pose the model exactly how I have placed the mannequin which I think worked quite well to say that it was hard to make mannequin sat on these stairs. I have used the same settings on both of these photos because it was all done in natural light, therefore there was no need to be changing any of the settings. I have also used portrait format in both of these photos because I wanted to get as much stairs going up in the photo as I could and also because I wanted them to match together well. I didn't have to crop anything out, even though there is a lot of space at the top of the picture where the mannequin is but I wanted to show the same location in both of the pictures that's why i did not crop the mannequin picture out. I have used a low-angle in both of the photos. Overall I think that this diptych photo of my mannequin and model doing the same pose in the same location worked out very well. 



In this photo I was making sure that the model makes the same pose as the mannequin, doing the photo in the same location. Because the model is a lot bigger than my mannequin I had to hold up the mannequin while taking the photo of it to make sure the background is the same. I was trying to use the same compositions in both of these photos, which I think worked out well. The aperture on this diptych is clearly different, whereas the smaller subject, which is the mannequin has a different depth of field than the photo on where the model is standing who is a lot bigger.I haven't used any artificial light, it was all done in an outdoor location therefore I have been using natural light for all of my photos. I didn't have to crop anything out because I liked the composition on both of the photos and they were both clear. I have used portrait format in both of the photos, to make sure I get roughly the same amount of background in, in both of the photos. In both of the photos I have also used the same angle, which is eye level angle. Overall I think I did well in taking this photo of mannequin and the model doing the same pose in the same location.

Contact sheet






No comments:

Post a Comment