Thursday 18 December 2014

Studio photography - light



Today, we have been working in studio, learning about three different kinds of lighting. The first one that I have also tried out was, snoot light. I have really liked this light and I have experimented with it while photographic a group of people, which was quite difficult as I had to make sure that there is no shadow on anyone's face and that everyone is clear because the snoot lighting is quite strong and it doesn't spread around the photo like other lights. It was also quite difficult for me to work with snoot light because it was really dark, I was not able to see everything very clearly through my camera and that's why some photos are in a weird composition. I would really like to use this light for my final shoot as I am sure I can create a lot of really nice photos with it. Another light we experimented with today was two reflectors which I also had the opportunity to try out. I also did a group photo, to see the difference between two lights and working with groups. It was much easier and the final effect is also really nice. The lights from both sides spread around the photo very nicely, creating really nice and interesting shadows. The third lighting we experimented with was soft box, and I would also really like to use it in my final photo shoot. 

No comments:

Post a Comment