Thursday 4 June 2015

Project Proposal

My idea for this final project is to concentrate on the photography genre of fashion but also include portraiture as they can be easily combined together. I have decided to pick this genre as it’s something I’ve liked doing recently and during the two years in college I didn’t have much opportunity to do it. After all of my research I got many inspirations from the contemporary as well as historical photographers of fashion and portraiture. Herb Ritts, Ellen von Unwerth and Louise Dahl-Wolfe are three main photographers that has inspired me the most. I am planning to do a lot of photo shoots, both in studio and location. The locations that I would like to use are mainly parks and maybe some interesting places around buildings in town that I still need to research. Small old streets with old buildings usually look interesting within fashion photography. I am also going to use different models and different locations for each of the photo shoot for this project. In each of my photo shoot I would like to do a different style of fashion. I will consider styles like vintage, elegant as well as every day fashion. I am mainly planning to use teenager’s girls as my models but I will also use children. I mainly want to use girls as my models as I think I can show a lot more fashion through them rather than boys. I will try to find a make-up artist as well as hairdresser which would like to work with me, not on all of the photo shoots, but definitely on the ones in studio. I am planning to use natural light out in location, and in studio I would like to use soft box and snoot, because these are my two favourite studio lights that we have available. I am mainly going to use my digital camera with 50 mm lens, but also planning on to using black and white film for vintage fashion, for which I will also need to go to the darkroom. I am already starting to plan some photo shoots over the weekends out in location. Over the Easter holiday, for two weeks, I am planning to do as many location photo shoots as I can around town and different parks, so that when I come back to college I can concentrate on all of the editing and studio photo shoots as well as darkroom processing.

No comments:

Post a Comment