Wednesday 12 November 2014

Task4 - final and mock-up posters

While designing my poster, I had to think mainly about my target audience. There are two parts that I also had to think about while designing my posters. First one is design elements. In design elements we consider things as colour which is very important, lines which we can be very creative with and join or underline the important bits on posters, shapes which we can use to decorate our posters and we can be very creative with them, size is also very important as we need to remember that sometimes smaller things can be more effective than bigger. The second thing is designs principles. Repetition, alignment as well as contrast and proximity are very important.. I have tried to consider and remember about all of the things above.




This is my logo, that I have made in Photoshop for my poster. All I did was applied two shapes on top of each other which are square and heart and then applied text on to it that says ''coffee''.  I have decided to keep the same colour of typography as well as white heart but I kept changing the colour of the square to match the colours from a poster.


These are my first two mock up poster. I have done a lot of photos in landscape format therefore I had to really think about my background for the posters. The first thing that I did was placed the photo and coloured in the background. I have chosen this colour to match the table cloth that is in my photo. I have also cut the letters out from a different photo from the same photo shoot, out of the table cloth because I wanted to make sure that the heading also match the photo and the poster in general. I didn't want to add any other colours so I have decided to pick another colour from a table cloth and make my logo this colour so that it matches everything n the poster as well. My text which is white looks a lot better whet it's smaller on the second poster than in the first one. I think by leaving some space in the poster it looks a lot better. Also I prefer the font in the second poster because it's bold and it looks better. I have also but a border around the photo and the letters to make them stand out a little bit more. In my opinion the second poster is a lot better, even thought there is not much difference between them. 


This is my second mock up poster. I have decided to separate the background into two. I have also put some extra half circles as a decoration. I have decided to put the photo at the bottom of the poster, putting text on the photo. I have also put the text at the top, but I don't think the font works well. I have used repetition of colours, as well as shapes.



This is my next mock up poster. I have learnt that sometimes less is more, therefore there is not much going on in this poster. I have used a full photo as the background, then all I did was I have added the logo, changing the colour of it to brown to match the coffee beans and lower the opacity. I have used the colours repetitively. ~CAFE~ is in white, just the same as the cup, I wanted to keep it simple but not very boring therefore I have decided to use two lines at both ends of the word. 



This is another mock up poster that I did. The first thing that I did was I have divided the background into two to make sure I have two different colours, red at the top and dark cream at the bottom. I have first of all decided to place the image at the top leaving a little bit of space at the side, also putting a border around it but then I have decided to cover the lines that join together in the background and I have made the photo bigger. I couldn't decide which one look better, but I think both ways work out somehow. I have cut out the heading from a different photo of a wooden cutting board which is in the background for my photo. I have decided to put it at the top, but if I look at the poster  now I think it's a little bit too big. At the bottom I have used two different types of fonts. I was struggling to pick the right one, but I think either of them work in this poster. I have used repetition of colours in this poster.


This is my next mock up poster. This time I have also used a full photo for a background of this poster and also decided to make it black and white as well. I have changed the contrast a of this photo a little bit. I have decided to use big text at the top and at the bottom. I have kept to black and white colours of the text but to make it stand out a little bit I have decided to change the colour of one letter to red. I have also kept the logo red and changed the opacity to about 80%. I really like the font that I have used for this photo and in my opinion this is the best poster out of all of them. I have used a lot of repetition of colours in this poster. I have decided to use this poster as my final one.


This is my final mock up poster. The first thing that I did was cut out coffee beans out of a different photo from my second photo shoot to place it as a background. Then I have placed a dark cream colour other the photo and lower the opacity to get a nice texture as my background instead of just one colour. Then I have placed the image at the top right corner of the photo and placed it in a circle, adding another small circle next to it I have placed my logo in there. In my first poster I have decided to use big bold text, but then I have decided to also see what it will look like if I will use a smaller size text with different fonts etc. I think the second one worked a lot better, and my making some words bold and different coloured also adding shape behind the text not next to it worked a lot better. I have used colours repetitively in my poster. I have used colours that in my opinion match together very well and they also present the colours of coffee. I have also used two shapes, which I think worked very well in this poster. In my second poster there is a lot of free space and it looks a lot better than in the first poster where there is not much free space. I definitely think the second poster is much better than the first one. I have decided to use it as my final poster but making the photo a little bit bigger along with the circle with a logo.

No comments:

Post a Comment